Meeting Minutes for 4/20/2016

Attendance

  • Matt Z
  • Logan
  • Brandon
  • Matt M
  • Charlie
  • Alec
  • Todd
  • Kory
  • Chris

 

Meeting

  • Storage check
    • We have to tell usg that we use storage
  • We have money
  • Return club equipment
  • Elections
    • Nominations
      • No nominations for treasurer
    • President  –  Matt M
    • VP            –  Todd
    • Secretary  – Logan
    • Treasurer  –  Matt Z stays elected
  • Michigan QSO party
    • Lots of alumni
  • In fall make new post cards with new logo.
  • Event
    • sept
    • CC cycling club
    • Potential help with communications
  • Keweenaw Communications
  • HARC is interested in a 7550 that is for sale

Meeting Minutes for 4/14/2016

Attendance

  • Logan
  • Todd
  • Kory
  • Matt M
  • Chris
  • Charlie
  • Matt Z

 

Meeting

  • We have a check
  • New treasurer reads things
  • Cavity filter and repeater issues
  • Hack RF
  • Satalite
  • Storage inspection failed on usg’s part
  • Elections next week
    • Nominations open
      • Matt M  –  President
      • Todd  –  Vise President
      • Logan  –  Secretary
  • Do we want on the roof?
  • QSO party
    • Sat noon to mid

Meeting Minutes for 4/7/2016

Attendance

  • Chris
  • Jack
  • Matt M
  • Matt Z
  • Brandon
  • Todd
  • Logan
  • Charlie

 

Meeting

  • Repeater project
    • Talk to Fred
    • Donate
  • We got a thing
      • Computer
      • Is set up
      • Is nice
      • Check privacy settings
      • Had a sata cable
  • USG storage check is this weekend
  • Ordered a thing
  • Need checks from USG
    • Matt Z volunteered as tribute
  • Aerospace!!
    • Radio issue
    • Matt M met with Evan
    • They have similar sat to us
    • Recently failed to get packets to sat
    • Maybe a setting got changed
    • May have lost header of data packets
    • Trying for alignment tomorrow
    • Need time, after 5
    • MEEM first floor

Meeting Minutes for 3/31/2016

Attendance

  • Logan
  • Charlie
  • Todd
  • Kory
  • Matt Z
  • Matt M

 

Meeting

  • Matt Z talked to usg
    • Treasurer
    • Things were stapled
  • Motorola funding thing
    • Just expired
    • Can’t buy motorola stuff anyway
    • Pursue contact
    • Cold weather testing
  • Order HackRF and converter
  • Our repeater has Echolink

Meeting Minutes for 3/24/2016

Attendance

  • Logan
  • Chris
  • Matt M
  • Matt Z
  • Brandon
  • Kory
  • Todd
  • Alec

Meeting

  • Funding stuff
    • Todd talked to Maryann
    • USG lost the funding request
    • We also got index number
      • Computer is ordered
    • Matt Z will try to find treasurer tomorrow
    • Antennas may be up
    • May need to check antennas and getting into repeaters
      • Check general equipment
    • Repeater project
      • Motorola said no
      • Need to talk to CCRAA about when they go out to the site
        • Get equipment for testing
      • Look at Walmart and local outdoor places for funding
      • Maybe present to city board
      • Collect receipts at Econo
        • Or bag
      • Talk about the NSA and security
      • something about Chris
      • Exam this Saturday
      • Got check
      • Door controller
      • Thinking about echo link on analog repeater
        • Buy uri for repeater
          • yes

Meeting Minutes for 3/3/2016

Attendance

  • Logan
  • Elijah
  • Chris
  • Matt M
  • Matt Z
  • Todd
  • Brandon
  • Kory
  • Don
  • Charlie

Meeting

  • Copper Dog
    • Thanks
    • Things went well
    • Lack of equipment failure
  • Chris requested a guide for putting the dynamic zone together.
  • Idea of data reader for impress batteries
  • Trackers – only a couple showed up
  • Look at using a battery as a current sink to be charged by car.
  • Consider a digi near radar base.
    • Maybe more
  • USG
    • Approved money for our cavity filter
    • We got our allocation
    • Some insight on their meetings
  • Don
    • Offered as an additional advisor
    • Having another person can be beneficial
    • What process?
      • Add on involvement link
    • Look into insurance
    • Spring break
      • Return it
      • Or let officers know
      • Bring it back
    • Bear Chase
      • This weekend
      • Meet at chalet
      • 567 registered td
      • Chris will get the trailer tomorrow sometime
      • Laminated maps
      • No bib numbers
        • May want to bring them
      • SSAR
        • May have mock search sometime
      • Superior ideas will launch before break
      • Invited to KCRA meeting
        • First Wed. of April at 7
      • Special invite to .315 net at 9
      • A receive site for .315 on GLRC when snow melts
      • Do FEMA classes for Chris
      • Kory nominated for treasurer

Meeting Minutes for 2/18/2016

Attendance

  • Logan
  • Elijah
  • Matt M
  • Todd
  • Chris
  • Matt Z
  • Charlie

Meeting

  • The check has been issued
  • Quote on computer
    • Allocated $850
    • IT offers 720 model
      • $610
      • Can add some features
      • Has pci slots for serial
      • I5
    • Suggested equipment
      • Hack RF
      • Repeater equipment
        • Repeater interface
      • Notch cavity filter
    • Copper Dog
      • Practice net
    • Chris will inquire about filter
      • Richard Bardose
    • Repeater project
    • Don has offered for an advisor position
      • Invite him to a meeting and bring him to the shack
    • Copper Dog
      • Equipment
      • Thommas has a kit
      • One kit available
      • Todd will need one
      • Kory has own radio
      • Matt M has own radio
      • Matt Z needs one
      • Corey is unknown
      • Power cables needed

Meeting Minutes for 2/11/2016

Attendance

  • Logan
  • Matt M
  • Kory
  • Todd
  • Charlie

Meeting

  • Quorum met
  • Buying things for Copper Dog
    • Antennas
      • 5/8s wave NMO whip
    • Buying connectors
      • N
      • UHF
      • Mini UHF to UHF adapters
      • Consider mini UHF antenna bases
      • Should we get coax?
      • Audio setup for sat rig?
      • Audio setup for scanner?
    • We need USG money for things
      • Buy then get reimbursed
    • Budget request for next year
      • Power cables
      • Keep
        • C-Bridge
        • Radios
        • Computer
        • RF Connectors
      • Remove
        • Battery backup
        • Wall mounts
      • Add
        • 2 Radio sound card interfaces
          • Note keying interface
        • Repeater controller
          • Call it “Embedded repeater controller”
        • 15 Dues paying members
        • Ask for money for Repeater Project
          • Move C-Bridge to here
          • Keweenaw Communications Expansion Project
        • Close budget discussion
        • Open org questionnaire
          • Load to drive to be filled out
          • Matt M will be sure
        • CCRAA Liaison
          • New position
            • Kory nominated, declined
            • Logan volunteered
          • Don has offered to be an advisor
            • Agree with idea
            • Discuss further with more people
          • Repeater Project Update
            • Information distributed
            • On Superior Ideas for funding
              • Official means of funding
              • Clean and easy
            • Updated budget for C-Bridge and entitlements
              • IP programming
              • Phone patch
            • Boise
              • Project passed on
              • So far declined but will be passed on up to PCA
            • Further discussions for contacting Mike and Motorola
              • Talk with Matt M
            • Coverage estimate done
              • Send to list or put on website
              • Good coverage
            • Later discuss bringing newsletter back
            • Create projects tab for website
            • Finish establishing shack setup
            • CNSA demonstration in HARC on Tuesday the 16th from 2pm to 6pm
              • Mention to alumni that wants to contact us
            • Discuss other visitor
            • Peruse our long pending check request
              • Matt M will see Maryann
              • Start next request
            • Buy computer
              • Decide what we want
              • From IT
              • Todd will open a ticket for the 7020 Dell
                • Tonight
              • Billed through the university
              • Matt M will talk to Maryann
            • Motion to buy computer Carries

End